Quality and safety
All of Transport Th. Wouters’ fleet complies with the Euro 6 standard on vehicle emissions. We also hold the AEO certification since 2009, a certified standard issued and audited by EU customs administrations – comparable and compatible with C-TPAT in the United States – a sign of quality, security and compliance.
We have been ISO 9001-2015 certified since 1994.
STAFF AND TRAINING
As legally prescribed, all our truck drivers receive medical check-ups in connection with their driver’s license and the competences and cargoes they are allowed to transport.
Just as important are Transport Th. Wouters’ own training sessions, organised to keep administrative staff informed.
Trainings are based on the applicable ISO procedures; others are company own initiatives to reach the very important goal of working with happy and well-trained staff.
We train and inform our staff on:
- CMR (waybill) / haulers liabilities
- Cargo securing / haulers responsibility
- Weight limitations, weight repartition and verified gross mass
- Drive and rest times
- Structural traffic obstructions / long-term road construction yards
- Use of the available, state-of-the-art, on board and office located communication systems
- Ecological driving
- Use of sheltered parking lots
- Transports of dangerous or temperature sensitive cargo
In order to serve the same purpose, regardless of their origin, all truck drivers of Transport Th. Wouters are residents and registered in Belgium, and benefit from Belgian social security and labour regulations.
Transport Th. Wouters was one of the first Belgian companies to be awarded the Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) certificate, introduced by the World Customs Organization. It provides a seal of quality, reliability, security and compliance with legal procedures.
Cargo flow handled by an AEO-certified company has more straightforward and assured customs procedures, requiring less intervention by customs authorities. That is why we meet a range of criteria in close collaboration with customs authorities to ensure supply chain security.
AEO status is a certified standard issued and audited by customs administrations of the EU Member States. It certifies that an economic operator has met certain standards such as:
- Safety and security systems to manage commercial records
- Compliance with customs rules
- Financial solvency
- Practical standards of competence or professional qualifications
- Mutual admission between AEO and C-TPAT as well as other similar standards.
ISO 9001-2015 is the internationally recognised Quality Management System (QMS) standard. Designed to be a powerful business improvement tool, this certification helps Transport Th. Wouters:
- Continuously improve, streamline operations and reduce costs
- Increase client satisfaction
- Be more resilient and build a sustainable business
- Have strong corporate governance
- Work effectively with stakeholders and our supply chain