Transport Th. Wouters operates its own container yard at the heart of the Port of Antwerp. Full as well as empty containers of several major shipping lines can be temporarily stored at our premises.
Our container yard functions as a central hub, combining container transfers to and from the shipping terminals with the inland haulages. Close collaboration between the container depot and the nightly port haulage operations makes our services less sensitive to congested port terminals and roads, and therefore more reliable.
Container yard and trucks are EDI connected. All container moves are registered and integrated in the message exchange between the terminal, the work planning and the OBU (on board unit) of the operating vehicles. This real-time visibility results in an optimal planning that takes our clients’ needs and priorities into account.
Information about the container moves made is automatically fed into the company’s systems of the involved shipping lines, avoiding all extra communication between depot and carrier.
- Empty container depot accepted by the most important shipping lines
- EDI communication between all involved stakeholders
- Ability to match carriers and client’s priorities in a flexible way
- The container yard is operated with our own cranes, type reach stackers, and tug masters
- Automatic verification of the container’s gross weight, avoids having over weight shipments on public roads
- Ability to handle containers and conventional, non-containerised cargo
- Tug masters organise proper and on time distribution of containers in and around our premises at the port
Plug-in reefer connections
Since quality is important, we make sure that fragile temperature sensitive cargo receives the best possible care.
Our container yard is equipped with a large number of plug-in reefer connections that keeps cargo at the right temperature, even when the container stays at our yard.
When necessary, the same equipment can be used to avoid high costs for storage and demurrage of reefer containers at the shipping terminals. These plug-in connections, combined with our genset equipped container chassis, let Transport Th. Wouters guarantee the highest quality standards even when it comes to the haulage of reefer containers.
- Plug-in connections
- Genset and reefer connections at the parking